Southern Cross Village Marsfield
Marsfield NSW 2122
Independent Living Units 72
Supported Living Apartments 40
Southern Cross Village offers an enhanced lifestyle for older persons in a relaxed community environment.
The service is located in a well-established residential area adjacent to historic Curzon Hall, within 500 metres of the local shops and just minutes from Macquarie Shopping Centre. Bus stops are located in Balaclava Road.
The village includes 50 two-bedroom and 22 three-bedroom self-contained units. Residents live independently, but have access to two common rooms for activities. They can also visit the apartments to access some of the services available.
All units provide comfortable accommodation and are in excellent condition. All have patios or verandahs with leafy outlooks. A 24-hour emergency call system is in place.
Residents occupy the independent living units under a formal agreement which ensures security of tenure.
Residents are required to pay an affordable fortnightly fee which covers all expenses other than electricity, telephone and personal keep.
Our entry contribution arrangements are very reasonable and flexible - we endeavour to negotiate an arrangement to suit each individual.
Supported Living Apartments
The residential care facility was opened in 2004 and is state-of-the art. All rooms have private ensuites and patios, with pleasant outlooks.
As a Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) residential facility, we ensure:
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents
- Medical services are available from visiting doctors
- Access to a range of medical and paramedical services eg visiting doctors, physiotherapy and podiatry, geriatrician and dietician
- A range of in-house activities supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator including exercise programs, fashion parades, barbecues, bus trips and outings, bowls, bingo and happy hour.
- Christian worship services are held regularly in the community room
- Each apartment is provided with fans, heaters, telephone and television points.
- All common areas are fully air conditioned.
Our ongoing fees are set by the Commonwealth Government at 85% of the Age Pension. Where a resident has non-pension income in excess of the Government threshold the resident is also required to contribute 25% of that additional income.
There are no pre-determined, fixed entry contributions (accommodation bonds). Every prospective resident is considered individually and arrangements determined that reflect his/her own personal circumstances.
Those without means are not required to make a contribution. However, where a resident pays a contribution, the maximum amount retained is limited by Government regulation.
For further information please contact:
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT)on 02 9790 9400