Southern Cross Village Marsfield
Marsfield NSW 2122
Independent Living Units 72
Supported Living Apartments 40
Southern Cross Village offers an enhanced lifestyle for older persons in a relaxed community environment.
The service is located in a well-established residential area adjacent to historic Curzon Hall, within 500 metres of the local shops and just minutes from Macquarie Shopping Centre. Bus stops are located in Balaclava Road.
The village includes 50 two-bedroom and 22 three-bedroom self-contained units. Residents live independently, but have access to two common rooms for activities. They can also visit the apartments to access some of the services available.
All units provide comfortable accommodation and are in excellent condition. All have patios or verandahs with leafy outlooks. A 24-hour emergency call system is in place.
Residents occupy the independent living units under a formal agreement which ensures security of tenure.
Residents are required to pay an affordable fortnightly fee which covers all expenses other than electricity, telephone and personal keep.
Our entry contribution arrangements are very reasonable and flexible - we endeavour to negotiate an arrangement to suit each individual.
Supported Living Apartments
The residential care facility was opened in 2004 and is state-of-the art. All rooms have private ensuites and patios, with pleasant outlooks.
As a Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) residential facility, we ensure:
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents
- Medical services are available from visiting doctors
- Access to a range of medical and paramedical services eg visiting doctors, physiotherapy and podiatry, geriatrician and dietician
- A range of in-house activities supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator including exercise programs, fashion parades, barbecues, bus trips and outings, bowls, bingo and happy hour.
- Christian worship services are held regularly in the community room
- Each apartment is provided with fans, heaters, telephone and television points.
- All common areas are fully air conditioned.
Our Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) is $550,000. This can be paid by 3 options:-
1. Lump Sum full payment of RAD $550,000
2. Daily Accommodation Payment (RAD*MPIR/365) $92.67 per day
3. Combination of RAD & DAP 50/50
Lump Sum on 50% of RAD $275,000.
DAP on 50% of RAD (50%of RAD*MPIR/365) $46.34 per day.
Whether a prospective resident is required to pay our advertised RAD will be determined by providing Southern Cross Care with a current Income & Assets Assessment from Centrelink. Any RAD paid is fully refundable in line with Government regulations.
Residents are required to co-contribute to their care by paying a Basic Daily Care Fee which is set by the Government at 85% of the full Aged Pension.
For further information in relation to fees & charges that may be applicable please refer to the MyAgedCare website. www.myagedcare.gov.au
For further information please contact:
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 1800 living(1800 542 464)